Thursday, January 27, 2005

Of work and cards...

So, I wake up late for work this morning. I am running around the house like a maniac trying desperately to make it to work at a decent hour so I don't end up being there half the night. I get my laptop, and my iPod and haul ass out the front door. Well, in Columbus today, the high was 17 degrees. Did I mention I am from Florida originally? And that I REALLY hate the cold? Anyhow, when I walk outside, there is a nice coat of ice on my windshield. In my rush I totally forgot to pre-heat my car so that I didn't have to stand in the cold like an idiot trying in vain to scrape away the thin coating of icy hell on my windshield.

I could tell it was going to be a great day.

So I finally make it to work, cell phone already to my ear because I got paged on my way in. We switch our on-call rotations every Thursday. So the Thursday I first get on-call is like 10 Mondays combined for me. Busy as shit all day today, which is why I am writing this post at 9 0'clock at night. Thanks goodness I have my iPod at work so those rare moments when I am not on a call I can shuffle through oodles and oodles of Heavy Metal music at my leisure.

I didn't even get a chance to read through the 'blogs today like I normally do. What a shitty day. Anyhow, I come home, and load my hand histories for the last few SnGs I've played. I have actually placed in the money in 9 straight SnGs. Not half bad, so of course I get a little cocky and decide to enter a $20 + $2 SnG. I finished 4th. Nice huh? That'll teach me.

I enter a $10 +$1 SnG after the debaucle at my last table. I actually finished first, which is nice since I made up what I lost in the 20+2. There was this guy at the table, who played pretty much any two cards, bluffing all over the place, and making terrible calls. Every time he wins a hand he types into the chatbox "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees". He sucked out on me in one hand and it set my blood boiling. Luckily I was able to calm down and play properly, it actually ended up being myself and him heads-up at the end. The last hand I raised on the button with K 10 o to 1200, he re-raises me all in, I have him covered and call. He turns over AQo. The Flop is all rags, the Turn is no help, then the River was a mighty King, taking him out of the tourney and giving me the $50 win. I typed into the chatbox "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees". Petty? Yes. Did it make me feel better? You betcha.

I see that Iggy is having shoulder surgery soon. I feel bad for him, I had pretty intense shoulder surgery about 3 years ago. I was in a sling for 10 weeks, and in a tremendous amount of pain for the first 2. They put 2 anchors(aka pins) in my shoulder, and repaired damage to my Labrum. Not fun in the least. Hope he recovers quickly.

Grubby is having site financial troubles (you think it could be all the bandwidth those Porn collages ate up? Nah!), go over there and help him out by signing up for one of his affiliate links. I'd hate to see his blog go away for any length of time whatsoever. I will probably sign up for The Gaming Club under him as soon as I get some extra money. PLUS, he's giving away PORN for christ's sake. What better incentive is there than that?

I think that's it for now, good luck out there. Thanks again to Iggy for stopping by.